Hello my friends!
So in case you missed all those posts about Graduation....I am officially out of school and on summer vacation! And yes, it is summer vacation for me, not The Real World, because like a smart person I have decided to continue on in school.
Anyway, since I'm a huge nerd, the first thing I want to do when I have a lot of free time is READ. And then because I'm an even bigger nerd, I like to make lists of books to read and post them on my blog. So here it is...the list of books I want to read this summer. I'm sure this list will grow and change. I bet I'll fall in love with at least one of these authors and want to read their entire back list. (That's happening with me and Carolyn Mackler right now). I'm sure some I'll start and won't finish, and some I won't have time for.
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver - I started the audiobook but couldn't stand the narrator. I'm a little skeptical about whether I'll like the rest of the book, and I already know how it ends, but it's gained such high praise from fellow book bloggers, so I'm willing to push on.
- Paradise Lost by John Milton - I've been meaning to read this one. You know how it goes. I read a bit of it for a class once. If I'm being totally honest, I got interested in it because of the Mortal Instruments seires
- Dante's Inferno - Also one that's referenced in TMI a lot. And my dad talks about it all the time. So...
- MORE David Foster Wallace - I'm so in love with his writing right now. I don't think I'll be attempting Infinite Jest anytime soon, though.
- The Yiddish Policeman's Union by Michael Chabon - I've had this sitting on my bookshelf for a while and I'm curious. Although not Jewish myself, I love stuff about Judaism.
- Lots of Holly Black's books - I've heard her novels are extremely well-plotted and exciting. So I can't wait to read one!
- Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter - Still on the wait-list at the library for this one. Arg.
- The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot - How have I not read this yet!? I know, crazy. I think it'll make for a nice fun summer read.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - I want to re-read this one. Once just wasn't enough.
- When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead - I like to read this one and many of the other Newberry and Printz honor books. I need to catch up on my awards books!
- The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson - I must know what that envelope contains! I'd also like to read some of MJ's backlist, like The Bermudez Triangle and Girl at Sea.
- The Lord of the Rings Triology - I realllly want to read this one, although I feel like it might take me a while.
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - I've started this one before but never finished it. However, now I'm determined to do so. Maybe I'll go on a little Bronte's sisters kick.
- The whole Percy Jackson series - I loved the movie and I've been meaning to read the series for so long.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth - I swear I am the only person left who hasn't read this. This must change.
- Wanderlove - This book has been getting lots of good reviews from the blogging world. I love books about travel, so I have a feeling I'll like this one.
- The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach - Quite a few people have raved about this one, too.
- Some of Anne Lamott's books - Now that I've read Bird by Bird, I'm totally obsessed with her. I'm eager to read some of her other work.
- Markus Suzak. That is all.
- The Bible - I hesitate to put this on here, because I'm worried about controversy...BUT I've actually never read it before. I think I should, if only to get all the literary references. I doubt I'll finish the entire thing this summer, because it's quite long and dense but...we'll see. I've already started a bit and made it to the part where they mention Nephilim. Heh heh.
There's probably a whole lot more, but that's enough for now. If I list too many, it starts making me antsy. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but sometimes I feel kind of panicky, thinking about all the books I want to read...Is that just me?
Okay, so there we go. If you want to see my full To-Read list or follow my progress, you can find me on GoodReads.
What are you reading this summer? Any recommendations?